THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED, WITH SWEETEST MEMORIES, TO:

Tony Mussomeli, Kathy Scharner, Jamie Parcher,
Bobby Ladwig, Dave Peterson, Cindy Moorbeck,
Peter Wells, Peter Bavlnka, Cary Herron, Milton Borman, Gary Morrison and Brenda Weare

Saturday, October 21, 2006


You can tell what a wild woman I am, sitting here at the computer at 8:30 on a Saturday night. Well, at least it won't give me a hangover. ..

I'm one of those who never did the reunion thing, more out of living too far away than anything else. Maybe this summer I'll get the chance to head west. I live in southern Florida on the gulfcoast and love it. But in July---well, let's just say I could be tempted to head to Wisconsin.

Time is always an issue. I've been busy raising three sons who are now 16,18, and 20. I don't know when that happened! 18 and 20 are off at Florida State and 16 is a junior in high school. It has been a blast - and an occassional challenge- raising three boys. My husband is pretty immature as well, so it's kind of like living in the men's locker room. The testosterone sort of oozes down the walls! I'm always outnumbered, but I explained to them early on that it wasn't a democracy! :)

I worked in academia for many years in Virginia- doing academic advising, college teaching, ran a college counseling and support services center, and even served as an assistant dean at one point. When we moved to Florida, I decided to do something different and a friend talked me in to doing real estate sales for a new home builder. I'm now a sales manager for a different company but still having fun.

I love hearing what everyone is up to and what everyone is doing. I'll keep checking the blog but feel free to email me: cllukas@tampabay.rr.com.

High school seems so long ago but in some ways it feels like it just happened. When did we get to be our parents' age???? Of course I must say that high school parents nowadays are much more attractive than our parents were when we were in high school. Funny how that happens, isn't it? (Or maybe it's just Florida - a state that displays it's surgical enhancements proudly! )

My best to all and thanks to Claudia, Joan, Debbie, and Gary for putting me in touch with old friends.
Caryn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Caryn
I am sitting here on a Saturday night too........watched a movie, and about to go to bed early! Boring, but content. Great that you posted, this was all new to me, but glad I did.
Sounds like my house with the testosterone. Have 16 & 14 yr old sons, a husband, and even the dog is a male. Good for you for doing something different, I cannot wait to change my career, to something, anything that I don't have to deal with people???
My Mom and brother and cousins all live down there, Pinellas Park, & Punta Gorda, (near you perhaps?)
Take care and check for your comments, they keep coming!
Deb R.

Unknown said...

Caryn, so good to hear from you. Come to Wisconsin this summer -- I'll be dragging my 16 year old to see Madison! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Caryn,
The days of Disco are out, replaced by sitting home on a Sat night reading (with my reading glasses) blog sites about days gone by. I did carve pumpkins with my kids after I finished. That's exciting - isn't it? Oh and I did 3 loads of laundry, too.

Anonymous said...

I saved my laundry for Sunday. Wouldn't want to have the weekend excitement on one day!

Actually, a few drinks in the living room with friends sounds like more fun than the club scene. Besides, I've hit the point where I might bump in to my kids. ARggghhhh!

Anonymous said...

Too funny!