THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED, WITH SWEETEST MEMORIES, TO:

Tony Mussomeli, Kathy Scharner, Jamie Parcher,
Bobby Ladwig, Dave Peterson, Cindy Moorbeck,
Peter Wells, Peter Bavlnka, Cary Herron, Milton Borman, Gary Morrison and Brenda Weare

Friday, October 13, 2006

Oxymoron? Class of 1976?


Hello 1976 Class People:

Claudia rocks. As do Mitch, Roberta and the rest of you. I am having fun reading your blogs.

So, I'm living the dream, hope you are too.

Thinking of all of you just wants to make me tell 101 laughable memories. OK, the truth be known, there is some heartbreakers out there too. I miss many of you.

The 20th reunion was fun. I have to get a copy of that group photo from Lori Brandt-Wick or someone else and post it here.

The 25th was a flop. At that one wierd stuff happened like people asking me why I did not become a physician -- get real. Isn't saving hundreds with good aircraft maintenance a higher achievement? -- laugh

Living in Seattle -- Do you want to risk the earthquakes, mudslides, tsunami, Mount Rainier blowing-up like Mt. St. Helens? We have 60 minutes to make it to high ground or perish. And of course remember we have months of rain and rain and rain. Just miserable. Keep the illusion alive and may be fewer people will move here -- no problem man -- laugh.

Oh yes, I think minimalism is best.

Bob Marley is the peace man. Are you thinking I am partying. Sorry, my industry requires being straight. Does yours? You want clean minds repairing airplanes - right?

Sure hope you find the humor in my intent. Sometimes the tone gets lost in words alone.

Gone fishing,
Bill Pick and Patty Brady-Pick
billpick@bassco.net.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Everybody! It's BILL PICK!

Too frickin (note to Mitch: see that? I am SO clean!) far out, Bill!! Excellent excellent excellent.

Most excellent.

And since you mentioned it first, Bill, when you started in with that stuff about Bill Marley being the peace man, I DID, in fact, wonder if you were partying or simply drunk...and now that I know that you're not would you tell me, please:

WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, MAN?

Signed

The Peace Woman In Montana

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear about your life, and loves in Seattle. Never been there, but I hear it is great!
So Bill, how come you were invited to the 25th Reunion, and none of us even knew there was one??
I guess that you were on the "A" List? Ha ha. Where was it? How many people showed up?
Deb T

Anonymous said...

Bill, Bill, Bill. Oh Bill. I am so glad to hear you're life is good and you really sound happy, too! AND you and Patty are practically neighbors of mine!

Robert and I had our (cough) honeymoon in Seattle. Or maybe it would be more accurate to call it "our trip out of town when I was 4 months pregnant and understood, for the first time, what NEEDING TO EAT RIGHT THIS SECOND really means and understood, too, for the first time, that the man I'd just married really liked to take his time and think about where to eat - trip." I'm bound to admit that I didn't even notice Seattle, all I wanted to know was where the bagels were! That was in...let's see...1996 -- yeah, last century.
I mean to get back someday.

And Bill, I'm sorry for teasing you about Bob Marley, but I gotta tell ya: I laughed (and I don't mean tittered, I mean LAUGHED LOUD AND HARD) all the way downstairs last night, while I was cleaning the kitchen before bed, while I was trying to watch a little TV before bed, while I was brushing my teeth before bed, and (STILL laughing) in bed, trying to get to sleep.

Damn that was great.
Thanks, Bill!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Pick,
(and I use "Mr." cautiously)

What airline do you work for? I'll try to book w/ another the next time I fly your way. Don't forget those brain cells you, I and these other SHS slackers destroyed decades ago were the ones we need NOW!!!
Don't worry about working on planes while you're under some chemical or organic's influence, I'm more concerned about when the airlines are going to bring back young women in short skirts and cruel shoes serving me free drinks and a roast beef sandwich anodized onto a small plate of plastic!

Your interplay w/ the cosmopolitan Polsonite RE: Bob Marley has me confused. I thought Marley is playing for the Packers in uniform #31. "Hey Bob, pass the blunt before you drop another interception that could have been a 95 yd TD return!"

Anyways, good to hear from you and I'll try to remember to look you up next time bankrupt NW air emergency lands in Seattle for repairs.

Can you get me tickets to a Pearl Jam concert? I hear they're going to be THE band of this century!

Anonymous said...

Mitch asks everyone to get him stuff except for me. Evidentally he imagines we have no stuff in Polson...or that I can't get it.

"...chemical or organic" I love that! You're so....inclusive, Mitch!!

Signed,

Hoarding So Much Stuff In Montana That You Wouldn't Believe It

p.s. you mean Bill wasn't talking about Bob Marley, user of organics? And I did all that laughing my ass off for nothing?

MikeSz said...

Bill, it is very good to hear your voice, and to know that airplanes and air travellers are better off because you are living your dream.
Aint it wonderful that Marley still sounds great, and that the memories are so vivid 30 years later?

Anonymous said...

hey, Claudia-- speaking of neighbors, isn't Polson right next-door to Great Falls,Montana, home of the highly-acclaimed author, Pete Fromm?? I really enjoyed his book about living out in the wilderness!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Pete Fromm is my neighbor and friend of ANOTHER friend of mine, incidentally...I can't find his email and I keep forgetting to ask her about it. I will, though.

This brings up another thing I've been wondering about: does anyone have Peggy Mortier's email address? And what about others who were trying to get our reunion together? I don't know their addresses and am not a paying member at Classmates -- there are people there I'd like for us to reach -- can anyone make an announcement over there?? Thanks!