THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED, WITH SWEETEST MEMORIES, TO:

Tony Mussomeli, Kathy Scharner, Jamie Parcher,
Bobby Ladwig, Dave Peterson, Cindy Moorbeck,
Peter Wells, Peter Bavlnka, Cary Herron, Milton Borman, Gary Morrison and Brenda Weare

Friday, October 20, 2006

Comments: The Marc's Big Boy of our slackers blog


For new visitors: This blog is even more fun than it looks from the posts -- which are fun, they're very fun, but you need to know: Most people are skipping the main postings -- think of them as, like, our classes in high school -- and heading straight for the comments section (think of them as, like, skipping class to drink cherry cokes at Big Boy, or, well, I stuck to the cherry cokes at Big Boy, but I can't speak for Mike Szumski.

So I just wanted to run down what we've learned in comments:

Bill Pick keeps his mind clean to maintain our air travel safety. (Thank you, Bill!)

Despite what Jim Neubauer says, Mitch Bouchonville was the biggest influence in his life.

Jim Neubauer wore feety pajamas until 11th grade.

Claudia can get anything you need in Polson, Montana.

Anita Repins wants all of us to volunteer to help Peggy Mortier organize the reunion on July 21, 2007, and so do I.

Deb Roberts and the rest of us girls are still wondering why we couldn't take shop.

Mike Szumski still pretends to be shy.

Laurel Blackmore and I avoid chlorine for important health reasons.

We, collectively, sponsored Gary Morrison's online Guest Book, to show that the Class of '76 can get it done even if we missed our 30th. It takes a special group of nonconformists to throw a 31st.

And Scott Smith is going to write a screenplay about it. If he knows what's good for him.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I forgot to sign that post -- we need an author field! This is Joan, I don't want Claudia blamed for revealing secrets, especially Jimmy's feety pajamas. (Actually, that was Mitch.)

And Laurel is still stealth posting in the comments on my earlier post, not sure I can pry her out of there.

Anonymous said...

I need help. Laurel

Unknown said...

If you want to post an actual post, you sign in, at the top right of the front page of the blog. Our username is practicalslayer@yahoo.com, and the password is advisor. You'll get a choice between Claudia's 2 blogs, and you choose our shs slackers blog. When you click, you get a posting screen, and you just write, as in these comments!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that you shouldn't post on the previous posts. I'm still posting on some of the others, but I see that the first entry has dropped from the screen. You have to click on "Older Posts" to find it.
Claudia, you're still adding comments to the others, so that must be OK, then?

Anonymous said...

Joan: I'd be glad if we could even get Scott to write a sentence.

Anita: I'm not sure why you think we shouldn't post on previous posts?? It's fine, right?

Laurel: The number of explanations I sent out about how to do this was ALOT. So I think I'll see if I can find some of those emails and forward them to you -- and anyone else interested in, but intimidated by posting. Not that you are intimidated...I'll shut up.

Unknown said...

Claudia, re: Scott -- we just have to wait until it's time.

Read what I posted above - isn't that what Laurel has to do to post?

If, indeed, she wants to. She may be a comments person! Laurel?

And it's fine to comment on old posts!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is absolutely what she needs to do to post, but I sent out a lot of additional directions, too. For some reason people seemed to find it difficult. Like most things, it's a snap once you know how to do it!

Anonymous said...

So many comments about "posting", my eyes are cris crossed. All these previous comments about "posting" are hysterical. Got my chuckle for the morning, while eating my "Post Toasties".
Deb R.

Anonymous said...

that is funny.

Anonymous said...

very funny!

Anonymous said...

To show you the power of this blog, I actually received an e-mail from John Malloy to whom I dedicated my original entry. Thanks Anita for passing it on. I also finally commented on Mitch's (that John Malloy wannabe) feety pajamas disclosure. Yes, I have finally come clean. Unfortunately, I was confused where to place my retort, so Mitch if you read this, you will find it in the comments section of my Malloy dedication.

Anonymous said...

Jim, what's the best bagel place in town, and do you have a recommendation where to have the reunion?