THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED, WITH SWEETEST MEMORIES, TO:

Tony Mussomeli, Kathy Scharner, Jamie Parcher,
Bobby Ladwig, Dave Peterson, Cindy Moorbeck,
Peter Wells, Peter Bavlnka, Cary Herron, Milton Borman, Gary Morrison and Brenda Weare

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Greyhounds Blog Bay Blue Dukes: 3 Eggs to 2 Eggs


(Tongue-In-Cheek) Answer to Anita's question to Beth about a good place for the 31st Reunion:

The Youth Center (of course!).....and if we hold it at night, the only food will be elderly apples (like us!) from the Apple Machine near the Bowling Alley windows. Remember?! (Seriously, I have some suggestions, far below at the XX)

However, if we hold it from noon to 1 pm, then Double Cheeseburgers are on the menu.

*

And, by the way, this just in from the Sports Wire:

Greyhounds Blog Bay Blue Dukes: 3 Eggs to 2 Eggs.

The highlights included 3 AAA Organic Eggs (scrambled style) on the Bay statue in the front of the building. Direct hits. All of them. All Greyhounds skee-daddled quickly out of there back across Hampton south and into Home Territory again before the Coppers and Blue Dukes knew what happened.

Actually, I never was recruited for Overnight Duty During The Annual Bay Invasion during Football Week. I was either a Conscientious Objector or working as an usher at the Milwaukee Arena.

*

XX

Sign me up: I'll be a volunteer to help organize the 31st Reunion for the Summer of 2007. Hope that I can help from my N. CA (Novato) outpost. We've got plenty of organic eggs here in my locale within Marin Co. (25 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge)

Many folks would say there's plenty of granola here, too (You know, nothin' but fruits, nuts, and flakes in CA.......) (Bada bum......gong me.)

As for prospective venues for the 31st Reunion of the Blogger Slacker Class of '76, here's some ideas:

Hilton Hotel (same place as the 20th. That was the PB Era (Pre-Blog Era) )

Pfister Hotel

Shorewood Woman's Club (title is correct?; on River next to Morris St. near the Intermediate School) (That was where my sister Joy was married; it's a nice venue and gorgeous during the summer)

Lambeau Atrium (not!)

As for a date, the sooner the better for me to know, given my schedule.........

Anita and Beth, feel free to let me know how I might help:

edelstein@earthlink.net
www.warblerwatch.com

Best wishes! Your BlogHound Egg-Tossing Classmate of '76, Daniel Edelstein, whose '76 Yearbook is now pressing rare plants

1:41 AM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now there's food for thought....

Anonymous said...

Re: Location Suggestions?
Some Golf Course(maybe then my husband could be convinced to attend)?
Some place overlooking the Lake?
Miller Park? My friend had his 20th Reunion of the Medical College of Wisconsin there, and thought it was great, (and he is no sports fan).
Is there a nice place @ UW-Milwaukee!
Jim N's Beth H's or Banos house?
Ha Ha only kidding.

Unknown said...

Dan and I can organize the northern California contingent.

I'd keep it simple and casual, maximum time for talking and hanging out. But I'm up for anyplace.

Anonymous said...

Strange you should mention the youth center. When I picture a reunion, that's exactly where I picture everyone. Of course, I picture all of you still in your teens, too.

Good to hear from you, Dan!!

lc