THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED, WITH SWEETEST MEMORIES, TO:

Tony Mussomeli, Kathy Scharner, Jamie Parcher,
Bobby Ladwig, Dave Peterson, Cindy Moorbeck,
Peter Wells, Peter Bavlnka, Cary Herron, Milton Borman, Gary Morrison and Brenda Weare

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

What next?


Now I've heard it all!
I didn't think anythting could top a Claudia Nowicki with class spirit,
but then Matt Rossi showed up on a dogsled, and with grandchildren yet,
and now I have a mental picture of Dan Edelstein DRESSED LIKE A PIMP, sliding his wife though his legs, tossing her over his head, and twirling her in mid air, all to the sounds of The Gene Krupa Orchestra.
I mean, what next?!!!!!!!!
Not that all this isn't great, cause it is. But I really feel like I have stepped into an alternate universe!
Luckily, this won't be one of my longer posts. All I have left to say Is rah, mush, and alreet!
I am now officially speechless.

dan b (no, not bennett, think harder)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said Dan............I am speechless too.
Surreal? Alternate universe? YES.
I know we are not in Kansas, and we are definately Not in the Youth Center anymore!

Anonymous said...

Dan Berghaus is obviously very talented and eloquent in his remarks.........BUT sorry to disappoint: Most of the time we're outdoors and in shorts while Swing dancing to Gene Krupa, Benny Goodman, and the other classic Big Band wonders of yore.

(One of the coolest aspects of the Swing Scene is that high schoolers at one Friday night venue show up en masse.....Seeing them dancing the Old Time jitterbug and Balboa and Shag is heartwarming......and especially because they're together having fun and not spending too much time (or ALL their time) at the Mall or at Starbucks...........(or at King Cue like my profligate youth and cul de sac of delinquency).

Daniel
www.warblerwatch.com

Buzz Stephens said...

I guess I hadn't heard it all. Patti Breibach singing? And in a gorilla suit yet! Debbie Roberts having several "chance" Meetings with Prince Charles, Just think, It could have been Princess Debbie and not Diana! (I once stepped on the hem of Fergie's gown at a charity event at The Plaza, and yes, there was a slight ripping sound, talk about embarrasing moments).
And now I have this image of Claudia living amongst the Elks and Eskimo's in Alaska like one of those kooky characters in Northern Exposure. But oddest yet is the mental picture (or is just a perverted fantasy) I have of Peggy M. Dancing in a cage wearing white Go-Go boots while Dan E. is hooting at her. And yes, this fantasy all takes place in Dave's basement lounge where Mitch is our friendly, if somewhat tipsy, bartender. The madness continues...

Anonymous said...

Dan B, you are toooooo funny!!!
Hardly Princess Diana, my first two encounters w/Chuck were pre Diana, ('78), and the second were during the mid '80's. He is such a yawner.