THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED, WITH SWEETEST MEMORIES, TO:

Tony Mussomeli, Kathy Scharner, Jamie Parcher,
Bobby Ladwig, Dave Peterson, Cindy Moorbeck,
Peter Wells, Peter Bavlnka, Cary Herron, Milton Borman, Gary Morrison and Brenda Weare

Sunday, June 10, 2007


Good Sunday to all!
It is graduation day here in "the Bay" and lots of folks are out and about going to festivities and the like on this beautiful, sunny afternoon! I, on the other hand, have a couple years to go. So, spent the day decorating my new rain barrel in the backyard with retro VW Bug flowers and pink palm tree stickers! I have FINALLY mailed my check to Kathy Nelsen Smith and will be at the reunion, which I am looking forward to! Kudos to Debbie Roberts Cordiero for that constant nudge .. I now must work on my hubbie, Dan .. he's a wonderful conversationalist and would have such a awesome time - I think I have until the 1st of July to get extra funds to Kathy for the dinner expense (?) Anyway .. to more important things and the reason why I am posting ...
There was an extraordinary article this past week in the Milwaukee Journal on Jim Meisser and his wife, who are opening up a new bank in Sheboygan. Please take time to read this uplifting article on a classmate of ours whom we should be so proud to have graduated with! My soon to be WFB upperclassman, Meg, helped me to make this a simple task for you and said you can click on the link below to read the Monday, June 4, Milwaukee Journal article ("Banker breaks ground") on Jim Meisser (nice photo, too!) Enjoy - Beth Hoffman Delaney

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=614431

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Beth! And I hope you don't mind my adding the picture...isn't Jim fantastic? What a class we have!

And by all means, get your husband to come! Robert won't be able to be there, but my daughter Maddie will.

See you then!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to Jim's story Beth! Looking forward to seeing you at the Reunion. Great Pic Claudia, what a lovely couple :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth:
Thanks for highlighting Jim's story. Coincidently, I had coffee and desert with Mrs. Rottman this past Friday evening at my synagogue. She was the teacher for the deaf students at SIS and SHS. She was so proud of reading about Jim. I don't think we realized back then how fortunate we were to go to such a progressive school that offered programs to mainstream kids who were hearing impaired. I am sure we all benefited from this experience.

I look forward to seeing you and your conversational husband. I lived in the Bay for 14 years, but I can't remember ever running into you so you can explain how you avoided me all these years.

Jim N.

Patti Breitbach Rashid said...

Hey Beth,
Glad to hear you'll be attending the reunion. I'm looking forward to seeing you and meeting conversational Dan (I'm bringing my husband too, so the more outsiders the better)!
Thanks for direct access to Jim's story. It was a great read!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth
YEAH, so glad that you're coming to the reunion. I hope that I didn't bug you too much? Al thinks that a trip to Wisconsin cannot be considered unless there is some sort of trip to Whispering Heights, or is that Wheithering Heights, or Windy Straights, or whatever that zillion $ golf course is on Lake Michigan???
Great article, and good for you for posting it. I don't think that I remember how to post things.....?
Thank Goodness school is over tomorrow. If I have to go to one more banquet............

Anonymous said...

Hey, Beth-- Great decision to attend the reunion! The sooner the better, as far as committment goes-- but last-minute decisions will still be accepted all the way up to the day of the actual event, if necessary.

Anonymous said...

Anita, they can let us know day of but you'll have to share your food with them!!

Anonymous said...

Inspiring article about Jimmy M., of course.

Thanks, Jim, for sharing it with us all.........

I remember Jimmy fondly. To see what he's doing now with the bank is not surprising, given my memories of his exceptional character.

Reading about him provided new inspiration to me.........D

Anonymous said...

Very funny, Peggy--
That was the good thing about the Hilton choice-- their ability to accommodate if our numbers grew at the last minute! So everyone out there who is still procrastinating...

Daniel-- What about you?? We're still waiting for your last-minute decision--

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth (my old neighbor on Woodburn Street). The story on Jimmy is great (still gotta call him Jimmy for some reason). It was so cool to watch him play football from the sidelines and how the whole team worked together. There was some sort of special hand signal, as I recall, at the start of each offense play...who was in charge of that?

Guess we all know where to bank in the future!
Best, Maureen

Anonymous said...

Todd Brenard said (on a very old post, in regard to the Spain pics)...

"Oh my God, that trip was fun. It's Todd. I'm still wearing that shirt and I still haven't buttoned it up."

Hi Todd! You finally made it to the blog. I don't think anyone saw your comment because it was on such an old post. I did a little cut and paste thing - hope you don't mind.
And by the way, you should wear that shirt to the reunion - unbuttoned, of course.
Will we see you at the reunion???

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Beth for letting us know about Jim's new venture. The article told us a lot. His mom did a great thing to move to Shorewood. Jim, good
decisions with school, work, and wife. Good luck with the new bank.
Chris T