THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED, WITH SWEETEST MEMORIES, TO:

Tony Mussomeli, Kathy Scharner, Jamie Parcher,
Bobby Ladwig, Dave Peterson, Cindy Moorbeck,
Peter Wells, Peter Bavlnka, Cary Herron, Milton Borman, Gary Morrison and Brenda Weare

Monday, December 22, 2008

The Cute One In The Little Pink Hat


That's Brenda. She can't fool me! Looking gorgeous, as always.

For anyone who did not receive Kathy Smith's email this morning, this picture is from a link to the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s “Cycling for Survival,” website. It is part of a volunteer fund raising campaign dedicated to research and treatment for “orphan cancers.”

Brenda, as I did not know, is fighting one of these orphan cancers. It is called synovial sarcoma, which I already hate the name of, and which the website describes as, "a cruel malignancy often referred to as the “bad luck” cancer: very rare, no known cause, no known cure. The MSKCC campaign prefers the term “orphan cancer” to remind us that rare cancers are sadly neglected when it comes to funding and research."


If you'd like to learn more, please visit
this link and do what you can to help. I didn't know anything about "orphan cancers" before this, and if you didn't either and want to help, please visit the website.

Brenda, I think I'm pretty safe in saying that we're all pretty crazy about you and that you're in all our thoughts, prayers, and healing visualizations.

With great love and respect for you and your family,

Your Fellow Slackers

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info Claudia. Brenda still has that wonderful smile I remember so well!
Hope everyone has time to relax and enjoy the holidays. I am leaving work now and looking forward to spending the next few days with family and especially my 2 precious angels (most of the time, anyway).
XXOO
Peggy

Anonymous said...

praying for you Brenda, and we are with ya.

Anonymous said...

Two of my all-time favorite people have warriored & defeated breast cancer (Deb fought this twice!) & brain cancer (Sandy sees with vision in one eye better than most of us "see" with two). When asked how I got thru the crimes, childhood, injustices, etc. of my life experience, I think about these women (& millions I haven't met who rise to the challenge of these invasions from within) & realize that if one's attackers strike from outside of our selves, they are benign in comparison to these 'Core Wars'. So to Brenda & all "Core Warriors" you have my deepest respect, admiration, & gratitude for the insight your experiences teach the rest of us. HaPpY HeALtHy & BLeSseD NeW YeAR 2009 to ALL ;-D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the words, Susie.

We're wishing you the best Brenda!

Anonymous said...

It's times like this when I have a really hard time to express all the sorrow I feel. To Brenda's family.. I'm so very, very sorry. She will be missed. Sorry to see one more name put up at the top of our beloved fellow slackers.

Anonymous said...

I'm working on a new post now to announce her passing on Saturday and to remember her by. It should be up by noon tomorrow. It's very hard to know she's gone - she is truly one of the best people I've ever known.

Claudia